- Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
- Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.
- Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
- Why am I so determined to put the shoulder where it belongs? Women have very round shoulders that push forward slightly; this touches me and I say: 'One must not hide that!' Then someone tells you: 'The shoulder is on the back'. I have never seen women with shoulders on their backs.
- A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion
- In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
- Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics.
- A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period. When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind, it is never the style that triumphs.
- Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
- A dress is not a dressing. It is made to be worn. One wears clothes with the shoulders. A dress should hang from the shoulders.
- A beautiful dress may look beautiful on a hanger, but that means nothing. It must be seen on the shoulders, with the movement of the arms, the legs, and the waist.